You will support the regional Business Development Manager (BDM) during all stages of the sales and marketing process. You will be responsible for managing your own opportunities as well as providing technical input to opportunities managed by the BDM. You will coordinate scope definition, costing, commercial review, and documentation to respond to RFIs, RFQs and tenders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support qualification of sales opportunities through technical discussions with new and existing Drilling Systems clients in line with BDM’s regional strategy
• Work with the BDM to agree what input is required to progress opportunities and to manage them in the company CRM ensuring opportunity information is accurate, up-to-date and realistic.
• Support BDM opportunities in addition to managing own opportunities at all stages from qualification, needs analysis, proposal, negotiation and procurement.
• Regular reporting of opportunity pipeline within the business, as required
• Support tender bid and proposal activities to support the BDM as required
• Support other activities to support Drilling Systems BD clients and sales team as required such as technical sales documentation, developing new sales tools, etc
• Continuously absorb, retain, document and share Drilling Systems product knowledge, ensuring regular dialogue with Drilling Systems Engineers and Managers in the UK office
• Ensure all work completed and all documentation produced is in line with company quality management system and HSE standards.
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with a commitment to getting things done. The client will be at the centre of everything you do, and you will contribute to the growth and success of our business through your skills and experience. You will have:
• Strong technical writing and documentation skills using Microsoft Office Suite. Attention to detail especially in this area
• Technical background, ideally with technical qualification of HND (or equivalent) or above
• Well organised and efficient in managing and prioritising multiple projects of different types and on different timescales
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to confidently engage Managers in different functions, often asking for support from more senior staff without the authority to demand it
• Commercially astute and understanding of the technical and commercial components of win-win deal
• A ‘closing mindset’, ensuring any negotiations result in the best possible outcome for the business and client
• A tech-savvy mind, with a basic understanding of IT and electrical equipment
If you think you meet the required criteria, please send your CV to email@example.com. Please specify ‘Drilling Systems BDE’ in the subject of your email.