The largest of our conventional simulators, the DrillSIM-5000 Classic is based on a conventional rig floor with no automation (i.e. manual tongs etc), using a traditional drilling controls panel with analogue gauges and a manual brake.
The DrillSIM-5000 is the perfect tool for teaching new recruits in the industry in understanding the fundamentals around the drilling process or validating the competencies of experienced operators and meets the criteria specified by IWCF and IADC for industry accreditation.
Drill-well-on-sim (DWOS) expands your value in our simulators further by allowing operations to be simulated in a safe but dynamic and realistic environment before carying out work for real in the field saving time and providing an ultimately much more efficient and safe final result.
By linking the simulated “rig equipment” to the dynamic 3D graphical visualisation for both topside operations and what is happening 5000 feet down a deviated well, students very quickly become engaged and understand the consequences of their actions or equally their in-actions on the various different drilling operations.
- Highly realistic and immersive simulation environment
- Integration of human factors and non-technical skills
- Validation of assumed skills
- Improved safety
- Improved efficiency
- Improved operational performance
- Full and accurate rig-floor drilling and well control simulator.
- Full selection of rig types for drilling and workover – Land, Jack up, semi-sub, deep water
- Generic or fully bespoke in-simulator rig modelling
- Classic or cyber-based control systems
- NEW 3D Graphics hardware package
- Unlimited exercises (snapshots)
- Individual or full drill crew exercises
- Units can be connected providing a sophisticated multi-station training environment
+ Operating Interfaces
- Drilling controls console
- Drilling gauges console
- Remote choke console (Swaco / Cameron) - full sized or touchscreen HMI (Human Management Interface)
- Standpipe manifold - full sized or touchscreen HMI
- Choke manifold - full sized or touchscreen HMI
- BOP consoles – Surface / Subsea / Deep -water Well Servicing - full-sized or HMI
- Surface and Subsea diverters - full sized or touchscreen HMI *
- Top drive operations - console or touchscreen HMI *
- Motion compensator - console or touchscreen HMI *
- Cementing operations - Full size cementing head and console or touchscreen HMI *
- Workover operations - Full sized well head options or touchscreen HMI *
- Instructor station
- Student control station
- Graphic station showing downhole model
- Triple or Quad screen display
- On-screen display of rig floor equipment activity
* Package options
- DrillSIM drilling and well control software model.
- DrillSIM student licence
- DrillSIM Instructor licence
- DrillSIM software 3D graphics
- BOP surface and subsea operations module *
- Cement operations module *
- Workover operations module *
- Top drive operations module *
- Managed pressure drilling module *
- DrillSIM Engineer software *
- Enhanced chart recorder *
* optional package items