Drilling & Well Control
Drilling and Advanced Rig Technology (ART)
The DrillSIM-6000/DrillSIM-600/DrillSIM-60 ART Training Simulators provide a geometrically precise, 3D visual world of a modern day mechanized rig environment.
It uniquely enables drill crews to perform any pipe-handling, drilling or well control operation (to IADC WellCAP and IWCF standards) and experience the integration of the rig's equipment prior to working in the field, within a very real and comprehensive training environment. Offshore crane operator training is also available on these simulators.
The simulators can be installed in large warehouse style training facilities (accommodating the cinema style projection screens), containerised for worldwide shipment, or crated for on-location training. To date, the following specific projects have been worked on:-
- KCADeutag, DART Operations, Aberdeen [multiple rigs]
- BP/ ENSCO (formerly Pride International), GoM, USA [multiple rigs]
- BP/AIOC, Baku, Azerbaijan [multiple rigs]
- Transocean Inc [multiple rigs, multiple training centres]
- KCADeutag, Tyumen, Russia [land rig] Parker Drilling [multiple rigs, multiple training centres]
- KCADeutag, Sakhalin, Russia [multiple rigs] Thule Drilling [Jackup]